Terms And Conditions
1. The premises are let for holiday accommodation purposes only. All bookings are made for the dates as shown on the response email/letter/receipt and are taken in good faith by The Captains Cottage (‘TCC’) however, bookings may be subject to change prior to the commencement of the booking. All advance deposits are accepted on behalf of the current owner of the premises and TCC will not accept responsibility for any decision, action or arrangement of the current or a new owner of the premises, including but not limited to, the sale of the property, withdrawal from rental, the property being rendered uninhabitable, a change in the accommodation fee or the alteration of the property in any way prior to your occupation. TCC reserves the right to cancel any booking should anything arise, which in TCC’s opinion renders the booking impractical. TCC will attempt to notify you as soon as possible and to use reasonable endeavours to arrange alternative dates suitable to you, failing which all deposit monies paid will be refunded, but no other claim, right, action or demand shall exist in or be made by either party.
2. The premises should be available after 2.30pm on the day of your arrival and are to be vacated by 10:00am on the day of your departure, unless prior arrangements have been made and a late checkout fee paid.
3. In accordance with health authority regulations, dogs and pets are not allowed under any circumstances. If there is any evidence of your pet after you depart your bond may be charged. If unauthorised pets are found at the premises, the occupants will be automatically liable for fumigation of the property and the tenancy will be terminated immediately.
4. All premises are fully equipped unless specified in writing. A small complimentary supply only of kitchen/ bathroom equipment (detergent/soap etc) is provided.
5. The maximum number of persons (including children over the age of 12) permitted to occupy the premises will be nominated by TCC when you make your booking. Overcrowding and extra guests are not allowed.
> 6. TCC will only confirm a tentative booking where the full deposit amount requested plus a booking fee is received by the due date. Please choose your booking carefully as deposits are not transferable. The balance of your accommodation fee must be paid one month prior to arrival.
7. Payments can be made by internet or bank transfer, cheque, money order or credit card. A cheque will not be accepted for new bookings where your stay commences within 30 business days of the booking and a $50 fee for dishonoured cheques will be payable. N.B. A surcharge of .5% for MasterCard or Visa (subject to change in accordance with financial institution charges) of any amount paid will apply for all payments made by credit card.
8. As advance rents are accounted to the owner of the property upon receipt, cancellations are refunded only when the premises are fully re-let for the same period at the same or greater rent. All cancellations must be in writing and are subject to a 20% cancellation/handling fee. No refund of any unused portion of a confirmed holiday booking will be made. Travel insurance is recommended particularly for high-cost bookings. NB: A change of booking dates attracts the same conditions as for cancellations.
10. Keys will be left in a secure deposit box and you will be notified of the access code. Under no circumstances will keys be left out without full payment of rent. TCC will not be responsible for alternative accommodation or any other costs incurred if a guest arrives without making these prior arrangements and a minimum $110.00 (inc GST) call out fee will be charged should a manager be required to attend to open the property.
11. If on arrival by a guest the premises are unclean, or it comes to the attention of the guest that the premises have been damaged, the guest must promptly notify TCC and allow TCC, or its agents, contractors or employees access to the premises for the purposes of inspection and if necessary cleaning or repairing of damage.
12. TCC and the owner of the premises are not responsible for, and guests hereby release them from any liability in respect of, any injury, debt, damage, loss, cost, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond TCC or the owner’s control.
13. No responsibility is taken for guests’ personal property left in, on or near the premises. Doors and windows at the premises should be secured at ALL times. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance. A fee of $25.00 plus postage costs will be payable if TCC staff are required to collect/return items left by guests.
14. All accommodation is for residential purposes only. Functions, parties, after school celebrations and extra guests are strictly not allowed and PENALTIES APPLY. Any type of function, party or get-together will incur a MINIMUM non-negotiable function fee of $500.00 and immediate eviction will occur without refund for any unused stay. In addition TCC will be entitled to claim any additional costs where any cleaning is required or damage results to the premises.
15. Occupation of premises which, in TCC’s opinion causes nuisance or annoyance to neighbouring or adjoining occupiers will be terminated immediately and any costs incurred following misuse of the premises will be payable by the guest or charged against the credit card tendered.
16. Premises are furnished to the individual property owner’s taste and style and TCC takes no responsibility for any unmet expectations of guests, or any changes made by the owner to the décor, furnishings and equipment in the premises.
17. Any repairs, maintenance or service reported and requested by guests to be effected to the premises or any equipment provided at the premises, and/or deemed necessary by TCC, will be effected as soon as practicable, however due to unforeseen circumstances (eg. awaiting parts, tradespeople unavailable) immediate repairs may be beyond our control and no responsibility is accepted by the agent for these circumstances. No recompense will be negotiated due to the failure of any services, equipment or other contents provided at the premises. Guests are required to allow repair and or service personnel to enter the premises during reasonable hours by arrangement (and at any time in an emergency) for the purpose of conducting any repairs, maintenance or service. Guests requesting a service call which is subsequently found not to be required will be charged the applicable service call-out fee. Common examples include not correctly operating televisions, ovens and washing machines.
18. In the event of the premises being offered for sale, you may be required to allow prospective purchasers to view the premises at reasonable times by appointment.
19. The guest will be responsible for damage to the property or premises or loss of or damage to any items at the property, including, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing, floors and floor coverings, furniture and fittings, linen, kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery and the guest will pay to the agent, TCC, the full cost of replacement or repair of any such items damaged or lost. All damage, breakages and losses are to be reported to TCC immediately. All furniture and equipment must be left in the premises as originally found.
20. Guests will be responsible for costs incurred for re-tuning TV/DVDs which have been de-tuned by guests or by the attachment of electronic devices, play stations, Nintendo Wii’s etc.
21. Guests are responsible for the safekeeping and replacement of accommodation keys. Duplicate keys are not always available. Guests requiring a key from a TCC manager after office hours will be charged a minimum service fee of $110.00. If keys or remotes are lost you will be responsible for the changing of locks and remotes if applicable.
22. If guests do not leave the premises neat and tidy TCC will charge the guest an additional cleaning fee, as charged. Any spillages, fridge and kitchen benches must be wiped, floors swept, dishes washed, dried and put away clean, BBQ cleaned (if messy), and all garbage must be wrapped and placed in the appropriate garbage bin provided.
23. The property must be vacated on time (penalty fees apply for late check-out without arrangement) and secured with windows & doors locked. All must be returned to TCC as arranged. The guest acknowledges and agrees TCC is not required to undertake an inspection of the property in the presence of the guest on vacation of the property.
24. All rentals are subject to increase without notice, especially in the case of the premises being upgraded or renovated and on instructions from the owner, and in respect of genuinely misquoted accommodation fees. Guests will be given the opportunity to pay the increase or obtain a full refund of the deposit paid.
25. In the event of any renovation/building work being carried out near the holiday premises, such work is beyond the control of TCC and the owner and TCC cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience guests may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated in these circumstances.
26. The property has a broadband internet connection (wireless). The operation of any internet connection during your stay is not guaranteed and may be disrupted or unavailable. The Guest will not hold TCC or the Owner liable for the availability or disruption in any internet connection. TV and Foxtel reception can be unreliable in times of high wind or storm. The Guest will not hold TCC or the Owner liable for any disruption in TV or Foxtel reception. The Guest will not hold TCC or the Owner liable for any channels that are unavailable.
27. Any printed, written or verbal description of the premises or position by TCC or an employee of TCC is made in good faith and to the best of our knowledge, however no responsibility for mis-description, errors or omissions will be accepted. All courtesy will be given on genuine dissatisfaction. Any information or terms and conditions contained in holiday brochures or related websites are subject to alteration without notice, and to the extent of any inconsistency, these terms and conditions prevail.